8 of Wands

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Serpentwand
Global Moderator

8 of Wands

Post by Serpentwand »

Drawn to see if there’s something useful I could do on the sex forum. It offers the potential of reaching a large audience not previously exposed to esoteric or spiritual ideas so I don’t want to abandon it prematurely.

The imagery of the card relates to electricity, light, the electromagnetic spectrum, the chakras, rapid flows of pure energy or life force in all three dimensions, thinking, neurons, inspiration, communication. Possibly I should concentrate my efforts on further exploring and posting about pure sensation and energy, my own experiences and insights, although I don’t yet know exactly where this might be leading.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: 8 of Wands

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Serpentwand wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 09:02 Drawn to see if there’s something useful I could do on the sex forum. It offers the potential of reaching a large audience not previously exposed to esoteric or spiritual ideas so I don’t want to abandon it prematurely.

The imagery of the card relates to electricity, light, the electromagnetic spectrum, the chakras, rapid flows of pure energy or life force in all three dimensions, thinking, neurons, inspiration, communication. Possibly I should concentrate my efforts on further exploring and posting about pure sensation and energy, my own experiences and insights, although I don’t yet know exactly where this might be leading.
The wands have actually mutated into lightnings on this card.

Electrify your audience on the sex forum then (I take it they are not the most shockable of people! :icon_mrgreen: ).

The idea of exposing them to esoteric or spiritual concepts seems interesting. Tantrism comes to mind...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 14:00 Electrify your audience on the sex forum then (I take it they are not the most shockable of people! :icon_mrgreen: ).
Err, I haven’t actually got into any of that electrical shock stuff yet, but it must be quite popular as this item keeps selling out and they have to get another consignment in. :icon_e_surprised:

Stinger Cattle Prod

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Serpentwand wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 08:52
Michael Sternbach wrote: 30 Jan 2021, 14:00 Electrify your audience on the sex forum then (I take it they are not the most shockable of people! :icon_mrgreen: ).
Err, I haven’t actually got into any of that electrical shock stuff yet, but it must be quite popular as this item keeps selling out and they have to get another consignment in. :icon_e_surprised:

Stinger Cattle Prod
Well, I see merit in giving your partner a jolt every now and then. @onion36@

Electrifying love...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

LOL. :icon_twisted: I’m finding the Thoth interesting but tricky, it’s very hard to settle on a definite interpretation and it’s causing me a lot of confusion and changes of mind. On the whole I think it may be that I could contribute something to that forum as suggested here but I’d also have to live with the suffering mentioned by the 9 of Swords. I’m not sure it’s really worth it. :icon_e_sad:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Yes, The Tower suggests I give up on the sex forum, at least for now. However, the results of a little concentration practice on the chakras strongly indicate this is what I should be doing next. :icon_e_surprised:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Serpentwand wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 08:17 LOL. :icon_twisted: I’m finding the Thoth interesting but tricky, it’s very hard to settle on a definite interpretation and it’s causing me a lot of confusion and changes of mind.
Yes, the Thoth is not as easy to read as, say, your typical oracle deck. By the same token, it invites deeper contemplation of an answer received due to its profound and its multi-layered character.
On the whole I think it may be that I could contribute something to that forum as suggested here but I’d also have to live with the suffering mentioned by the 9 of Swords. I’m not sure it’s really worth it. :icon_e_sad:
I can't tell you either if it's worth it. Participation in that forum definitely causes you some some kind of anguish, even though the latter mayself-inflicted in the final analysis.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 21:55 Yes, the Thoth is not as easy to read as, say, your typical oracle deck. By the same token, it invites deeper contemplation of an answer received due to its profound and its multi-layered character.
There’s definitely something about the Thoth that keeps me coming back, it feels like it has some wisdom and meaning I don’t yet grasp.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Serpentwand wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 01:05
Michael Sternbach wrote: 08 Feb 2021, 21:55 Yes, the Thoth is not as easy to read as, say, your typical oracle deck. By the same token, it invites deeper contemplation of an answer received due to its profound and its multi-layered character.
There’s definitely something about the Thoth that keeps me coming back, it feels like it has some wisdom and meaning I don’t yet grasp.
I would say it's the very essence of uncle Al's life-long exploration of pretty much all spiritual paths that he had access to. Add to that Lady Frieda Harris' understanding of Anthroposophy, especially in its connection to projective geometry...

It is a truly multi-dimensional deck that reveals layer after level of meaning to the one dedicated to its study.

BTW, I once talked a bit about my encounter with the Thoth on my blog:

https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/ ... oth-tarot/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links