Tricolore Lenormand - a digital cartomancer's toolkit

Indie, Indie, Indie! A forum for independently published decks and books. Many links to publisher websites lie within.
Faust

Tricolore Lenormand - a digital cartomancer's toolkit

Post by Faust »

I've spent the last four months working on a little personal side-project to help make my own Lenormand readings more attractive and accessible, but I was so pleased with the result that I decided to release it for sale on the iPhone App Store! Presenting Tricolore Lenormand, a fully-featured cartomancer's assistant that will not only let you read Lenormand on your iPhone, but will also help you create personalised, illustrated readings for clients, design your own custom spreads, and can even make a personal digital deck from your own photo gallery.

See Tricolore Lenormand on the App Store

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: Tricolore Lenormand - a digital cartomancer's toolkit

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Personally I prefer physical decks, but I can see why people would want to offer digital versions of their creations nowadays.

Good luck with it! 🙂

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

@Faust

I hope your digital works outdoes what is out there right now, but it would be fantastic to have just the cards with numbers, titles and playing card inserts with no meanings or interpretations attached whatsoever.

I do agree with Michael about having a physical deck, but a digital one would be great if it was one with no preset meanings or interpretations.

I have just taken a peek at the link you provided and wondered about your break down (image below) with it ending on the Mountain.

There are only 7 negative cards in the Lenormand deck with Mountain being one of them and if the question was maybe about a holiday or taking a break/Health/Physical description it would be then that I'd see the Mountain as being different - that, and if the Mountain was the first or second card, not the last. For me, the Sun would be the last card to end it on a positive note or even Sun+Dog .

Placement is important in how they are read and has always been like that with the Lenormand as well as the question asked unless perhaps if it is a general reading.

Personally, I don't do what some do like the noun-adjective/noun-verb thing only because there are some combinations that have the exact same meanings like Snake+Heart or Heart+Snake, but one thing I don't usually muck around with is the order they fall in or the flanking cards unless I'm in a totally rebellious mood. Even then...

Mountain if looking at the basic meaning is about blockages and barriers so if we have in this order:

Sun: Success and Victory.
Dog: Friendship/ Soul Mate.
Mountain: Blockages/Barriers/Indifference.

Well...

I'm just wondering how did you get a total positive outcome with it ending on Mountain?

Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Faust

Post by Faust »

@DownUnderNZer Well, to be honest, I rather rushed that as I was in a hurry to release the app and it was only intended as a demonstration of the user interface, but I do have a tendency to read triplets as sentences, and it seemed far more natural to me for two cards with such positive atmosphere to dominate the triplet.

It's also worth remembering that Lenormand relies a lot on the context of the question as well as the other cards in the spread, which are of course absent from the screenshot. These three cards are extracted from a nine-card portrait spread and I can't actually remember what the other ones were.

p.s. sorry for the delay, I don't seem to get notifications from this forum!

By the way, the app was designed with physical deck users in mind too. It includes tools that let you lay out your spread physically, then select the cards manually on the app, or drag them around. This lets you formulate neat documents for clients rather than having to photograph your cards, which could be a violation of copyright.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links