A favourite deck - what do you love about it?

Moderator: theFeeLion

Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Re: A favourite deck - what do you love about it?

Post by Charlie Brown » 16 May 2018, 23:18

I typed that into google. It does look like a lovely deck. I'm so glad you have two.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann » 03 Jun 2018, 16:54

Nemia wrote:
11 Nov 2017, 05:29
I have often said it but it bears repeating ;-) - one of my favorite decks is the completely harmless-looking Silhouette Tarot.

I bought it because I love silhouette art of the 18th and 19th century - I love Jewish papercut folklore art - and I love Lotte Reiniger's silhouette animation films. I was not so sure I'd love the deck, populated with wimsy, cute and quirky little creatures, toys and children. But somehow I knew I had to have it.

And then I learned that this is a PERFECT reading deck for me. The borderless cards connect with each other like a storyboard. The colours are strong and expressive. The little creatures seem to come alive and move between the cards when I put them next to each other. They seem to interact.

I had some of my most poignant readings with this deck. One example is my inner child reading, sorry it's so verbose but that's how it turned out. Just look at those cards.

For my shadow work, personal growth work, however we may wish to call it, the Silhouette is ideal. It doesn't frighten my innermost feelings away. Things just emerge with this deck. Most of these readings are private but believe me, each reading taught me something I didn't know, or brought up memories that were lost, or showed me an aspect I wouldn't have seen without it.

It's funny that my two best reading decks are the Thoth with its multitude of symbols and esoteric assignations - and the child-like Silhouette Tarot with nothing but fairies in bath tubs and melancholic tin toys. Both give me spot-on readings. I loved the Thoth from the moment I had my first tarot reading some windy day in the early 1980s. And I learned to love the Silhouette tarot very very much.
I went into edit on here to get the urls for the pix not posting and compared it to a pix that was showing another page. I found out that if you go into your msgs edit, just change postimage.org to .cc

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 05 Jun 2018, 16:37

I told already in another thread that I've started going through my old posts systematically to update the links. I have often many pictures in one post, so i copy it into Word, replace .org by .cc through ctrl-h and that's the easiest way I found to make the pictures show up again :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Various Tarot Decks”