Making it Easier to Buy and Sell Indy Decks

For general questions and comments regarding the production and distribution of Indy decks.
Egg of Blue

Re: Making it Easier to Buy and Sell Indy Decks

Post by Egg of Blue »

Nemia wrote: 24 Nov 2017, 09:36 Well, all I sold on Etsy was jewelry for some years and it made the whole process quite easy. I have bought a number of decks there, too, and I like Etsy both as seller and as buyer.
Thanks Nemia, good to know it worked for you.
I think in the very near future - maybe this weekend even - I will try setting up an Etsy store. Why not? (Honestly I am surprised I have not yet, just because I have made handmade things for so long. I get overwhelmed I guess. Too many irons and all that.) Once the process is complete, I'll report back on how it went, and eventually, how, or if, it works out. Certainly I have bought plenty of things there, and it has mostly, but not entirely, been a positive experience from a buyer perspective.
Do you have any tips, like "In hindsight I wish I had done this instead of this" type of thing?
This is of the 4: there is a fifth who is invisible, & therein am I as a babe in an egg.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Making it Easier to Buy and Sell Indy Decks

Post by Nemia »

Your work is already well-known and well-respected. I think if you open an Etsy shop and people hear about it, they'll come and buy. I found Etsy's promotion tools not very useful. Word of mouth is better, through all the different tarot forums on the Internet. You may leave comments at blogs that review your decks. That's for the tarot buffs.

And use the social media functions of Etsy. Link the reviews you left on Etsy to your shop, make boards of stuff you like, then more people who share your tastes see your profile. Use the following function, look at the favorites of people whose work you like. It's very enabling ;-) but also fun. And it will make non-tarot buffs notice your shop.

But really, you have such a reputation - I really have no advice but the obvious stuff I wrote. I'm sure people who have a tarot-focused Etsy store can tell you more useful things, and I'm sure your shop will be very popular.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links