Court cards in the Tabula Mundi

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Nemia
Global Moderator

Court cards in the Tabula Mundi

Post by Nemia »

M.M. Meleen started a new series of articles on her website about the court cards of the Tabula Mundi. Obviously, since this is the time of the Knight of Wands, she starts off with him. I'm sure this will be a most interesting series, if the first item is anything to go by.

(All the cards she writes about are up on my tarot calendar! how cool is that???)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Egg of Blue

Re: Court cards in the Tabula Mundi

Post by Egg of Blue »

I am so glad you posted this! Found this here luckily! Was considering where to put a link to it, for those interested in one way to break down the court cards, but was not sure where it would go.
This is of the 4: there is a fifth who is invisible, & therein am I as a babe in an egg.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Egg of Blue

Post by Egg of Blue »

The second one of the Matter and Spirit series on the Court cards is up now, called "The Descent and the Climb". This one is the Queen of Disks and her three decans, which we have just entered now. It's a story about the Devil and the Wheel, and the Devil and the Tower, but it begins with the Archer and the Anvil. Bit different than the first one as it says more about how the decans affect this Queen's personality as well as the point in time of these three decans in the solar year.

http://www.tabulamundi.com/matter-and-s ... the-climb/
This is of the 4: there is a fifth who is invisible, & therein am I as a babe in an egg.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I just a minute ago read your text about this queen in Book M, knowing she comes up now. I'm excited that there is more to read now.

Thank you for all you give, your Tabula Mundi and Book M have given me the most life-changing tarot experience ever. You've been to the heart of tarot and back again to tell us about it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Those two were good reads, very informative and nicely illustrated :thumbup: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

And two more goodies by the wonderfully talented M.M. Meleen: about the Prince and Princess of Swords. Both are just up on the tarot calendar: the Princess rules, together with the Ace of Swords, the winter decans, and the Prince rules the last decan of Capricorn and the first two decans of Aquarius. Meaning that his time is soon coming to an end... and then the Water family will take over ;-)

A propos Aquarius: today is the Feast of Stars, Candlemas or Imbolc, and she has a wonderful article about it, too, full of great information and illustrations.

The Tabula Mundi, I said it before, plays in the highest tarot league imaginable.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Barleywine

Post by Barleywine »

I've been having an e-mail conversation with a well-known British tarot writer and historical deck enthusiast who has been out-of-touch for a number of years with more recent developments in the world of tarot. We agreed that there isn't much in the realm of modern esoteric literature that has been particularly inspiring, and I mentioned that the void has been filled with a glut of new tarot decks, but I can count on the fingers of one hand (well, maybe with a digit or two of the other one) those that are truly exceptional. The Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus is #1 on my short list and there is really nothing in its league among newer decks. Thanks for reminding me of the web site.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I got my Tabula Mundi for Christmas. It was shocking to see that my deck was only number 1046.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Barleywine, I'd love to know the other decks you think of as innovative and important even if it's OT here ;-)

Charlie Brown, I have nr. 51 and I bought it as soon as it was available. Strange indeed if she only sold a 1000 more since then.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I mean I guess it's a niche deck within a niche hobby but for something of its quality you would think the buy-every-deck type would snap it up.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links