Important Poll

Jo Ann
Founder

Important Poll

Post by Jo Ann »

I will have the poll up and running shortly.

It is to change "the ultimate online tarot forum" to something that is inviting to all people. if i just did oracles I wouldn't bother looking, or if i was a witch, or did other forms of divination. I want this to be a home and safe place.

So if any ideas let me know!.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Re: Important Poll

Post by CharlotteK »

Its weird 'Eclectic Tarot ' doesnt come up in search isn't it? Only the jomay url and the ultimate thing.

How about something like...
"Eclectic Tarot - a community of fortune tellers, cartomancers and students of divination".

Perhaps a bit wordy...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

As a representative of an esoteric and psychological approach to Tarot and divination in general, I wouldn't be comfortable with the word "fortune teller."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 16:32 As a representative of an esoteric and psychological approach to Tarot and divination in general, I wouldn't be comfortable with the word "fortune teller."
Thats easily dropped. I am not especially comfortable with it either as it's not what I believe I do. But I recognise that it IS what some other readers believe they do. And isn't this what Jo Ann is asking for ideas on - how to cover all bases?

Personally I think it's going to be very hard to find a good, search engine friendly description that has the very diverse appeal mentioned whilst at the same time not including anything that some members will find a bit unappealing.

But I can only speak for myself :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I like it more or less the way it is, and it does seem to help with the google. Perhaps, "tarot and divination forum?"

I think the reason "Eclectic Tarot" doesn't show up is that it doesn't really appear as text. We have the logo as a graphic and then "The Ultimate..." I'm not an expert, but I bet if we put Eclectic in the text line it will start showing up.

"Eclectic Tarot—The Ultimate Online Tarot and Divination Forum"
"Eclectic Tarot—The Ultimate Online Forum for Tarot, Oracle, and Other Divinatory Magicks"
Etc. Etc.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I like Charlies sugestion Eclectic Tarot—The Online Forum for Tarot, Oracle, and Other Divinatory Magicks"

I would like to exchange Ultimate for a deferent better word. Something more along the lines of Fascinating but not fascinating as the word.

The Practical online forum for tarot, oracle, and other divinatory magicks. something like that or The Welcoming Online forum ect.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

I like "practical" if we have to change from "ultimate." I'm sure we can find some good words.
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 16:32 As a representative of an esoteric and psychological approach to Tarot and divination in general, I wouldn't be comfortable with the word "fortune teller."
The Solar System card drawn, The Discovery of Neptune, suggests a word like "Discovery", "Discovering", "Discover" or some idea of discovering mysterious and hidden things but it could just be having a go at Michael -

"Not only did Newton's law explain what we could see, it also predicted what we could not see". :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Eclectic Tarot—the practical online forum for tarot, oracle, and other forms of magical discovery. Fortune tellers welcome. :thumbup:
Charlie Brown

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

I think we are heading in the right direction. I am not quite sure why "fortune tellers" would need to be expressly invited. They would resonate with the above anyway.

Also, an emphasis on "practical" seems to exclude the more theoretical approaches that for instance Golden Dawn aficionados are so fond of.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links