#3 January 15-21 2018

Monthly Fun Learning Objective for you cards and other areas of esotericness!
Jo Ann
Founder

#3 January 15-21 2018

Post by Jo Ann »

the new objective is monday 1-15-17

What was your first deck? Was it a gift or did you buy it yourself? Do you still have it?

Have a nice time reminiscing!

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: #3 January 15-21 2018

Post by Jo Ann »

I went looking for decks and found the original one that was gifted to me. Well it was actually payment for a website i made for her so she could attract clients for readings. And she said she would find the best deck for me.

She sent me the Unicorn deck. the worst deck you could have sent to me. I am a horse freak and I hated unicorns and people saying things like, "Oh wouldn't she make a pretty unicorn" and stuff like that. Don't ask me why. I think it had something to do with people wanting horses to be something they weren't. Probably an empath thing with me. Also I think when i was young and not believing in god (around 8 or so) I loved unicorns and just like everything else, not one came to save me, so screw them cuz they are not real. Another adult lie. So i stuck with what i could see, touch, and feel which = Gaia, Luna and science. Then came the gilded, and the oracle Goddess Wisdom. I still have the oracle. but the other two decks are long gone.

I should look at the one Tony made more gilded and compare them, cuz it was a pretty deck. Never could read it tho. For me, some decks are just to bedazzling to read.

Some other decks, the authors have filled them with so much of their own intent, i can't break thru it. So it either goes into the collection area or in the get rid of it box.

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

My first deck that I can remember was actually gypsy witch deck.
I used to be in the 4H and we had goats and showed them. I believe we stayed in a hotel in Solvang California, ( while I was staying in the area to show my goats) , We ate at the famous Anderson split pea soup restaurant, and in their shop I picked up the gypsy witch deck, which I started playing with it on that night. I do have gypsy which Deck around here, but I'm sure it's not the original one .
l have studied Tarot off and on throughout my life.Rider- Waite deck was my first Tarot deck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

I bought a Lo Scarabeo Universal Tarot as it looked nicer to me than the RWS. It was interesting and looked nice but I found readings a bit of a struggle, the book had some confusing esoteric ideas. I don't think studying Tarot as such has really worked for me, it's led me rather to decks of science and nature cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

yeah, sometimes you over do it learning by rote too and it does not help at all. right now i am starting to go thru my sun and moon. I just love that deck so far, and it's only partly rws.

I find that once in a blue moon i have to look up a symbol because i don't memorize them or anything. but because intuition tells me its part of the reading. for me, looking something up only when i need to is the best way to learn or remember.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I didn't even start learning tarot when that darn gypsy said i had to. To this day i kinda regret not doing it now. I mean she dragged me off the street and into her house to tell me this. She must have been thinking about it for at least a little while cuz the last time i saw her before this incident had almost been a month cuz i was house sitting in Sausolito. And we lived the in the (if forgot how to spell hate street) and ashbury area. well i lived to blocks from the golden gate park.

gee i am starting to type too much sheese. besides, I can't believe i don't remember how to spell hate street. Anyway i lived on Page street. :dribble:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

The Radiant Rider Waite. I had no idea it was a clone, it just looked nice and bright and cheeful and had the Rider Waite name.

I can't remember exactly where I bought it - Amazon probably. I got Joan Bunning's Learn the Tarot at the same time and the Radiant was my learning deck until I got the mass market Anna K a few months later.

I don't still have that exact deck. It was my first foray into trimming borders off and I didn't really know what I was doing so it ended up wonky and the black edging bled underneath the lamination. So I binned it and bought another, which I will trim at some point but I'll skip the black edging this time.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I still have that good old Thoth, my first deck. I trimmed it, I edged it, it looks a bit battered but it's always at my side.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links