#4 January 22-29 2018

Monthly Fun Learning Objective for you cards and other areas of esotericness!
Jo Ann
Founder

#4 January 22-29 2018

Post by Jo Ann »

here we go with number 3 question.

Are you a tarot deck collector, hoarder, or exclusive betty? How do you use these decks in your readings? Do you use just one deck or multiple decks in your readings? Does it aid your practice?

Can't wait to read!!!!!

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: #3 January 22-29 2018

Post by Jo Ann »

Some of my decks are collection decks, and I have read with several of them. The rest are for reading, but i prune every once in a while. As a matter of fact pruning time is coming up! I just read with one desk, if a pull an extra card it could be either tarot from the same deck or an oracle card.

All those decks don't automatically aid my reading, cuz there is too many to choose from. @onion14@

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: #4 January 22-29 2018

Post by Nemia »

*cough* *cough* well what might I be?

Let's be completely honest here. I'm a Taurus. I like to get my greasy paws on things and drag it into my burrow. I like to sit on my possessions like Smaug. See my evil eyes sparkle.

Well, seriously. When a deck interests me, I want to have it. When a topic interests me or an artist, I want to have more than one deck touching on the topic or made by that artist.

I'm not a serious collector (don't have the money for that, thank God) but I'm deeply fascinated by the many brilliant artists who make wonderful decks, and I love handling them, using them, looking at them, reading with them, putting them up on my tarot calendar.

When I dislike a deck, I let it go. That didn't happen too often, and I re-bought at least one of the decks that I let go because I still felt fascinated by it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

A collector no I think not, there is something I like about the artwork, and it attracts me, makes me want to own it . Decks come and go. I usually use one deck at the time, but adding another deck to a reading might add more depth.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

certain oracles are good for that, like the Halloween oracle and the wisdom of the oracle. there are more. Now that i think of it, i am a bit of an oracle hoarder. but I do get rid of some when its time for them to leave.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Jo Ann wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 17:07 certain oracles are good for that, like the Halloween oracle and the wisdom of the oracle. there are more. Now that i think of it, i am a bit of an oracle hoarder. but I do get rid of some when its time for them to leave.
Oh please don't talk about being an oracle card hoarder, you have only seen half of my oracle cards list. I just have not had the time to completed It yet. Lol 😝

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

I've bought maybe a couple of dozen decks while trying to find those I could read with, then got rid of the ones that didn't work so well. I sometimes try to read with just one but it's generally much easier with several used together.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

well Belinda, ready to alphabetize them when your ready.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

yeah, 2dogs, its time for to cull all my decks again

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Jo Ann wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 12:51 well Belinda, ready to alphabetize them when your ready.
Not ready yet still more to add I will let you know. 😀

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links