Deck of the Week #8: Feb 19-25

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #8: Feb 19-25

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations. On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:

Nemia: Tyldwick Tarot
Seldes Katne: Wildwood Tarot

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Re: Deck of the Week #8: Feb 19-25

Post by Nemia »

The Tyldwick is a deck I WANTED since I saw it for the first time. It's actually out of my league financially, the shipping is crippling, and I held out for a long time until one day I broke down and simply ordered the deck and the Silson Lenormand. The idea of wandering through deserted tarot rooms is wonderful, and the art is beautiful. Muted colours, everything seems buried under a layer of dust that hasn't been moved for decades.

But the way it is with very beautiful and precious decks (with gorgeous gilded edges) - don't use it often enough. That makes the Tyldwick an ideal DotW candidate!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

where did week seven go! it flew by!

the tyldwick deck is delicious. i am so glad you’re featuring it. i too have stared at the website and drooled. :icon_e_biggrin: looking forward to your views!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

I think I'm going to try the Wildwood Tarot for this week, and probably the week following. It's different enough from standard tarot decks that I need practice reading it. I keep going back and forth on whether I can work with it or not, so it's time to bite the bullet and get started.

Apologies for dropping out of sight last week. My mother fell and sustained some injuries, so I've been taking her to doctor/dentist appointments and dealing with issues around the house, as well as at work. She's doing much better this weekend, so I'm trying to get my schedule back to (whatever passes for) normal.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she's feeling better!

Five of Staves for me today - hm. Let's see how it plays out, I don't have time now to take a closer look at it... but I remember what was written about the card on AT.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

wow, look at that, some greek art! what a way to start. interesting and subtle representation of this card. (I’ve been working on a design for the high priestess card and have been looking at Greek and Roman sculpture for the main figure. I never thought to look at red and black pottery from ancient Greece… hmmm!)

the grunge/distressing overlay is really something else... you weren’t kidding about the dust!

well, i hope your battles are minor and more fun than not as your day progresses!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Greek pottery paintings are gorgeous. I wonder when we'll get the Kerameikos tarot ;-) It was one of my favorite parts of my studies and I very nearly went on to specialize in Classical art...

The motif is a sport competition - but it's on a real shield, surrounded by real staves. That gives room for interpretation.

I had a very peaceful day though :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

ahh, it’s a shield ... that makes sense for this card.

yes, bring on the decks with greek classical art. i’m surprised it hasn’t been put out yet. i lived in glyfada for over 4 years as a child so i have a penchant for most anything greek. especially the food. :-)
Last edited by kyan on 20 Feb 2018, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Starting out the week with the Page of Arrows -- the Wren.

This card stands for perseverance, study, scholarly pursuits, continued learning of any kind, wisdom. It can also mean success by outwitting an opponent, observing a situation, and applying what you've learned.

This is my first card from this deck, and I'm a big enthusiast of life-long learning and observation, so it seems like a good match. Maybe this deck and I will get along well after all.

I can see several possible applications of this card. I'm currently working toward a Master's Degree by taking one course a semester online, although I'm taking the semester and summer semester off for financial reasons. However, that doesn't mean I should give up. I've also just registered for an account on a website where I can take mini-courses (not related to my degree work) and thus can learning something new at my own speed. If I want to be a little more literal with this card, I am in North America, where we are experiencing winter, but spring is coming and we will all become more active again.

And yes, Nemia, my mother is doing well, thank you. She just started physical therapy today, not because she's disabled, but to help her strengthen her muscles so she can avoid falling in the future. We joked that by the time she's done, she'll be running marathons... :icon_e_biggrin:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

oh, gorgeous wildwood artwork on the page of arrows! and lovely meanings to the card. that’s good it applies to you, as your schedule sounds very busy between classes and home duties!

winter wrens are such adorable little birds. i love how they will flit in groups low to the ground, darting in and out among the low branches having fun and seeing what can be found. a happy productive bird is the feeling i get from them, and what a beautiful song they sing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links