The Game Crafter, thoughts?

For general questions and comments regarding the production and distribution of Indy decks.
Belinda2

Re: The Game Crafter, thoughts?

Post by Belinda2 »

Charlie Brown wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 12:28 Oooh... that does look nice. I have this Christmas Oracle and think that it's pretty good. The card definitions are well thought out. I did a series of daily draw postings with it as an advent calendar. It should be easy to find if you're interested.
I have been looking at the cards and I was wondering if it come with a PDF about the card meanings, I cant see anything about on the website.thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Belinda2 wrote: 07 Mar 2018, 01:36
Charlie Brown wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 12:28 Oooh... that does look nice. I have this Christmas Oracle and think that it's pretty good. The card definitions are well thought out. I did a series of daily draw postings with it as an advent calendar. It should be easy to find if you're interested.
I have been looking at the cards and I was wondering if it come with a PDF about the card meanings, I cant see anything about on the website.thanks
It comes with an LWB in the form of several extra cards with text rather than an actual booklet.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Thank you for the information I will most likely buy it in Nov to get ready for use in Dec.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Belinda2 wrote: 06 Mar 2018, 11:53 Off topic Corrine Kenner's The Christmas Tarot would be a better choice but it was never published .

If you like Lenormand on game crafter
There is the YuletideLenormand.
But the one I really like is Christmas oracle Lenormand from Germany .
https://www.etsy.com/listing/261190464/ ... -lenormand
Well it's not from Germany it's from Russia my bad!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
tarotbear

Post by tarotbear »

I used The Game Crafter for all my decks because it was easy to use and get a deck up and running (once I learned the tricks to getting the images loaded). I think their card stock is fine, but some of my images seem to have a yellowish cast to them, which I take as their printing inks cannot reproduce the colors I chose to design the cards. I thought at one point they actually had a 'color chart', but I don't know if that is even offered. If I can find the pic I have of the yellow saturation, I will post it.

I don't like their boxes - really. I feel the card stock is just flimsy, and unless you have a LWB to fill up the space between your 80-card deck and their 90-card box, the cards rattle around in there. The extra space means the box can get crushed.

I elected NOT to have a LWB because the cost of printing one made my deck price skyrocket; perhaps for a board game with pieces the prices come out better, but for a stand-alone Tarot deck in a box, I always feel the prices for a TGC deck are high - even for the designer. My cost per deck is just under $20, and I sell it for $29.99. I have a free PDF printout for general card meanings on my Shop Page.

Remember - TGC is really a service for gamers - they print Tarot decks as a sideline.
There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
tarotbear

Post by tarotbear »

O.K. - found it - The image on the left is the card as I designed it; the image on the right is a scan of the printed deck. Definitely a yellow saturation!

There are three ways of looking at things; theirs, yours, and my Tarot cards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Thanks, Tarotbear. That was very informative.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links