The LIST

kyan

Re: The First List For the First 10 people.

Post by kyan »

Charlie Brown wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 01:01 Well, they have to go to Jo Ann first, because she's going to resize them all.
oh ok i missed that part ...

i hope this is a borderless deck! :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

kyan wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 01:36 oh ok i missed that part ...
i hope this is a borderless deck! :icon_e_smile:
To border or not to border is at the discretion of the card author. I'm borderless but I imagine a border might help some of the hand drawn authors.

It seems like you missed a lot of detail Jo Ann updated the rules in the first post of this thread: viewtopic.php?p=12138#p12138
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

oh thank you... i forgot about what jo ann said about the borders. i’m glad there is a lot of creative leeway... we can even create horizontal cards!

is there a tarot deck out there what is fully horizontal? the “the panoramic tarot”? that could be very cool... breaking out of the vertical format sounds like a very interesting proposition.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I need to read all the instructions properly. Mine is going to have to be produced in an old fashioned paper and pencil/pen way and I'm not quite sure how it will then magic itself into a PNG. I'll have to enlist some help from my husband on that front. I think he has access to a scanner of some description. I don't understand how the dimensions work either. I'm a dunce when it comes to such things. My 4.5yr old is more IT literate than I am.
Last edited by CharlotteK on 13 Mar 2018, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

i plan on doing some actual drawing/painting/collage as well and i don’t have a scanner, so i’m hoping a digital photo resized to a 8.5” x 5” png file will work. my phone camera is 12mp so it *should* be fine. :icon_cool:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

same here, i got great programs and a large tablet, but gonna start on paper.

btw MONOCHROME is acceptable as long as not too many cards are monochrome.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

Jo Ann wrote: 12 Mar 2018, 10:42 For drawing from the maj arc I used The Raziel Tarot. I saved me for last and got the last card in the deck: 23 Tree of Life. There is also 22 The Tree of Knowledge. I forgot there where two extra cards in the deck.

I thought i would leave those in to make our deck unique. If 5 or more of you are against keeping the two extra maj arc cards let me know right away today and i will take them out and redraw another card for me.
hi jo ann,

oops i jumped ahead to the post with the cards that we were handed out to us and missed this one completely. :icon_rolleyes:

i don’t have any objection to extra cards... but since we’re short on participants you might want to do the regular cards first! :icon_lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

mine will all have color!

also, jo ann, i signed up to make three, so if you want, pull two more for me. i can work on all three concurrently. :icon_e_smile:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Can we hold off on that, at least until we get the majors done? I will pull another major for you. how's that sound since we have 0-23 in the deck i am pulling from for majors.

I The Magician

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

Jo Ann wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 23:28 Can we hold off on that, at least until we get the majors done? I will pull another major for you. how's that sound since we have 0-23 in the deck i am pulling from for majors.

I The Magician
sounds great... ok, i will create hermit and the magician.

thank you!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links