Deck of the Week #12: March 19-25

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
kyan

Re: Deck of the Week #12: March 19-25

Post by kyan »

oooh what a pretty card — those sinuous branchtlers growing out of her head are so... compelling. as if her riches risk ensnarement in some web, or matrix of the mind.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Perhaps if I visualize cash, it will appear.... :icon_e_biggrin:

Moving on to Sunday's card: the 6 of Air.

Travel. Moving forward. Experiencing new places and ideas.

Well, my mother and I are hoping to take a trip to the Outer Banks of Virginia and North Carolina next month, which will be both restful and educational. We've had people in the house almost every day in the last weeks, and while I'm happy to see the renovation work getting done, it's also been exhausting. So, I'll be ready for a vacation once Spring Break is finished the first week of April

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

visualizing $$ and cheesecake right now. :icon_razz:

i thought that was a lenormand card at first! it's the first time i've seen a big sailing ship used for the six of swords.... how cool.

your trip sounds exciting and restful... i've never visited the east coast apart from a couple trips to NYC and florida and would love to experience the old historical areas up and down the east coast.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

My last card with the Cult of Weimar Tarot.

For Sunday: the Three of Swords.

Little needles, yes, but no big swords. Some trouble within the family, easily forgotten by the others, not so in my heart. I hope I'll be over it in the course of Monday ;-)

An interesting week. The Emperor really sticks out. It's his week, his month. I like the deck very much. It has an interesting atmosphere - a mixture of the rough and refined, dark and warm, and somehow connects very well with my inside world. Some cards give me a strong feeling of deja vu - not because the images are well-known but because it's inner world is close to me.

Another deck I leave behind... to move on to the next. A very good practice.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

so many decks! i really like this one too. i recently bumped into joan marie on instagram and she’s quite keen on fine art — she was posting details of gorgeous emil nolde paintings that would look fab in a tarot deck... the thing about tarot is that it invites a high aesthetic quality, yet so many decks seem hokey or contrived. some really do speak with an honest and artistic heart, and that’s good.

the 3 of swords! well, i hope those needles pass quickly through and everyone is left unbruised.

happy spring to you!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links