Deck of the Week #12: March 19-25

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Deck of the Week #12: March 19-25

Post by Nemia »

Pick a deck to accompany you through your week. Tarot, Lenormand, Oracles, any tool of divination is welcome. Let us know in the comments which deck you chose, and I'll add you to the list in this first post.

Before we start, tell us more about your deck and your expectations.

On Monday, we start drawing a card each day. Draw your daily card at the time you choose, morning or evening. If you don't have the time to read every day, just jump in when you can.

Sharing pictures is great but not required.

How do the energies of your daily card manifest in your life?

If you want to, you can experiment with the well-known routine and use two decks instead of one. Inspired by Barleywine's Situational Blueprint!

You may pull together all the cards of the week for one "how was my week?" reading before moving on to the next deck.

Do whatever you need to get the maximum power out of your daily reading, and feel free to share!

Participants:
Nemia - Cult of Weimar Tarot
Seldes Katne - The Good Tarot, Colette Baron-Reid

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck of the Week #12: March 19-25

Post by Seldes Katne »

I think this week I will work with The Good Tarot, by Colette Baron-Reid. I considered it for the Spring Equinox exercise we're doing, but it didn't quite fit. So I think it's time to get better acquainted.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

That's wonderful, I'm very curious about this deck and now I'll see it in action!!! Great choice :clap:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Wow, everything I wrote here today disappeared :icon_evil:

Monday: Five of Wands. A warning to keep out of a conflict in my environment. I intend to keep out!

Tuesday: Queen of Cups. Let's see how that works out ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

ha! i can relate... it's best to avoid that energy. :)

i love the cult of weimar deck. i've seen the videos and have always found it compelling and am glad you're featuring it this week!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

First card: the 3 of Air.

The images in this deck are ethereal. I'm not sure how well the picture shows it, but each of the three birds is wearing a shadowy crown. I wonder if it's supposed to mean that they seem more important than they are (possible, as the card's meaning is to let go or leave something behind). What's also interesting is that one bird is perched on the spirit/angel's wing, while two are sitting on a branch. This seems like the reverse of "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," although it could be that the bird is a call of "Hey! I'm right here! Pay attention!"

The thumbnail graphic here really emphasizes the glow of light behind the spirit/angel -- like a revelation or an illumination of something. Or a doorway -- one that's opened now that she's let go of the past and is ready to move on to something new.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

ethereally beautiful... i can see the little crowns on the birds in the larger version, and also the flower behind her. she seems to be turning away from the portal, putting her face in shadow. she’s hesitant perhaps. it does look like the birds are trying to tell her something...

turn left and go to the light!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Tuesday's Card: the Five of Earth.

The idea of being impoverished, but with treasure close by, if one only focuses in a different direction. The "tree woman" is looking down; if she looks up, she'll see the five coins. (I love the green growth that looks like a fancy hat on her head. Even the wealthy may be looking in the wrong place for their real treasure.)

This card makes me wonder where I should be focusing, and am not. Am I thinking too much about material things, and not enough about spiritual? Should I be asking someone for help with something? Should I be spending my time and talent on things or people that I'm ignoring?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Seldes Katne, what an interesting deck!

Now this is TOO much of a coincidence. Today, Aries begins, and I have a very special relationship with Aries. And Aries is of course associated with the Emperor.

In exactly one week, my Aries husband's birthday. Twelve days later, the birthday of my late father.

I changed today the cards on my tarot calendar. Aries, Aries everywhere. I'm working on a lecture about War in art - part of a series that started with depictions of Mars, God of War.

Mars ruled the last decan and rules the one that is starting right now - the Spring equinox is a time of Mars, of energy rushing forward. I wrote about that whole Mars/Aries thing some hours ago in my tarot calendar thread, and about my personal ambivalence about the Emperor/Aries in my tarot blog.

Pretty amazing. There is a strong message in all this. Mars - in Roman mythology, he is a powerful, positive figure, like the Emperor. But Greek Ares was a much more ambivalent god, the Greeks didn't really like him, they preferred Athena if you had to have a war god or goddess at all. When the Romans melted Greek Ares with their own Mars, they emphasized his positive aspects because Mars was much more important (as father of Romulus and Remus) than Ares had been for the Greeks (slightly comical even in his dealings with Aphrodite, humiliated repeatedly).

The difference between Ares and Mars is like the difference between what I call Black Aries (the memories of a violent father) and White Aries (my husband with his powerful personality, sharp wit, warmth and fierce protectiveness as husband and father).

This card underlines for me: I have to deal with this question, what do Emperor and Mars mean to me, deeply this month. It's my growth assignment for this month ;-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I had a wonderful day - let's see what tomorrow brings.

Another energizing card - the Chariot. Oh, I had the Chariot last night in my Vernal Equinox reading as card for today... but it looked totally different there ;-)

No matter what, the Chariot pushes forward. There's the "hard shell, soft interior" aspect of it, the Cancerian self protection - then the self discipline of keeping the whole act together - let's hope I'll manage all that tomorrow!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links