Deck of the Week #13: March 26 - April 1

Forum rules
There are some decks that we all know and love. And then there are the lesser known treasures. Deck of the Week is a really fantastic way to explore decks that are loved but under-used. Here you can see what decks other people are using and how they apply the cards to everyday situations.
Seldes Katne

Re: Deck of the Week #13: March 26 - April 1

Post by Seldes Katne »

The joy of life with cats. I have friends who tell me stories....

Tuesday's card is the 6 of Swords:

(Hey, didn't I just pull this card in a different deck...?)

Under motion. Using, or acquiring, skill and experience to accomplish something. Well, that could mean any number of things. I spent this morning ordering library books, the painter spent the day painting the new bathroom, I'm finishing a costume for next week and possibly for competition this summer. Yeah, lots happening.

Kyan, thank you for the kind thoughts. The people working on this project have all been very professional and have done wonders in the 2.5 weeks they've been here. They just get here really, really early. And I'm a night owl. But the room is looking great.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

I've drawn the weekly Blueprint from Thoth and am adding daily cards from Ancient Egyptian.

This is how it looks so far this week.

Monday the background situation was Queen of Cups - an over sensitivity to the energies in the environment perhaps and the action card was Prince of Swords. It was a tough day at work that's for sure and I had to have a very difficult conversation with one of my team leaders who has lots of half baked impractical ideas that he pursues with enthusiasm despite being asked not to..

Yesterday I had Ten of Wands and the Moon. Defjnitely feeling the weight of responsibility at the moment and with the Moon this perfectly sums up a growing sense of sterility. I feel like I'm running out of juice. I slept badly last night too and has some weird dreams.

Today it's the Knight of Cups and Justice. I'm getting that there may be some aggression in the air and some posturing. I have an all day meeting with my team leaders and perhaps my role today is keep the peace, maintain harmony, ensure what we do is fair and appropriate. Let's see.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Seldes Katne

Post by Seldes Katne »

Ah, a friendly face. (Well, a friendly back, at any rate.)

The Queen of Cups. Emotional, nurturing, supportive. This could represent the receptionist at the dentist's office today. She adores my mother (who is having dental work done) and will sometime lecture the dentists about taking good care of my mom. (Plus, you know, dentist -- rinse -- cups....)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
kyan

Post by kyan »

haha rinse swish spit :icon_e_confused:

dentists... at least the receptionists are usually nice. even the sweetest dentists strike fear in some patients — i’m convinced it’s that awful drill sound. :icon_eek:

those little kids in the wooden shoe! that’s the most adorable 6 of swords ever. the moon is sweet too.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

I really had a full and hectic week! Let's see.

The Ten of Wands on Wednesday. Very true, I was so overburdened that I didn't have the time to bake a cake for my husband's birthday! That's a first I think.

Yesterday, Justice. I had a job offer which compensated me for the loss of a job many years ago. I felt (and still feel) that I failed then, but what I got now suits me much better (and I hope will reconcile me to the institution that I left then with my tail between my legs).

And for today, another Wands card. Another reminder that I must become more active, not just wait that chances come along my way...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Yesterday I had Princess of Wands and Judgement - felt in the morning that perhaps this was the day the tide turned and something new was going to begin, like I would find a renewed sense of energy and purpose and be able to shake off some of despondency I've been plagued with lately with so many issues and crises at work. Well I got some hugely positive news about one of my projects with a massive blocker lifted so this was a great combination.

Today I have Nine of Wands and Five of Swords. Not such a positive combination as yesterday but feels like whilst there May be an element of self-defeat today it's not going to have much of an impact and I'm going to handle it fine.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Charlotte, I love the Nine of Wands, it's my favorite Wands card and you'll do just great :-)

Today: the Star! What a beautiful card!

Even more beautiful not scanned but photographed on the easel :-)

I hope we'll have a good day. It's a holiday here, the whole week is a half-holiday. We're having some family time with part of our children, and plan some nice excursions. We're doing fine so far.

I can't believe March is gone, too - it was a mixed blessing but mostly positive. And yes I have hopes for April!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

Yesterday I had two Aces - Disks, and Wands. Feminine and masculine energy. Giving birth to creative ideas... Hmmm. Not so much. I went to the Post Office, took my son for his swimming lesson and spent three hours at an indoor soft play park listening to the woes of a friend.

Today I have Three of Wands and Three of Cups. There will be chocolate in abundance today but I am also going to the gym to do some strength and resistance training :)

My week as a whole looks like this - these cards work so well together, it's been a great combination!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Charlotte, your reading looks so beautiful, so eloquent. I'd LOVE to do blueprint readings again but I know I hardly find the time to look at my daily card - somehow life is very busy right now...

My week with the Nefertiti is over.

Five of Pentacles. Poverty. Indeed we felt today our lack of money in the most drastic way. I won't go into details but it was extremely unpleasant. We're simply stretched too much right now. And today we really felt it.

The Nefertiti has given me all in all surprisingly precise cards. I like the way this deck looks, appreciate its artist and style, but it's not one of the decks I immediately connected with. This week has given me more confidence working with this deck - and more trust in its abilities to nail a situation.

I'm quite impressed, even though I can't tell all the stories - but the Nefertiti hit some very personal nerves this week.

This week, the Daily Card really did its job (it doesn't always happen...). I'm so glad I got into this routine now!

I switch now to a totally different deck, one I fell in love with at first sight... with the most devilishly sexy Devil EVER.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links