7 of Swords

Moderator: theFeeLion

Amou

7 of Swords

Post by Amou » 26 Aug 2018, 10:42

First impressions for the 7 of Swords upright in a general reading. I often find this card hard to interpret with conviction. "All for one ,but more for me", "I will go it alone", futility or deception. These interpretations are all possibilities but how do you intuitively respond?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Amanda
Global Moderator

Re: 7 of Swords

Post by Amanda » 26 Aug 2018, 11:37

I use the RWS deck so a standard phrase I tend to lean towards with this card is "Taking a risk" which isn't necessarily negative or positive.
Another is like "bending the rules" -a bit like Robin Hood. He steals from the rich to give to the poor, but he's still stealing when all's said and done. It's a noble cause to want to help the poor so to speak, but he's kind of missing the point of a deeper issue at work- a wage gap between the rich and poor, for example.
This card is "giving man a fish" rather than "teaching man to fish," as another example.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Amou

Post by Amou » 26 Aug 2018, 13:57

Thanks Amanda, so good to have another take on this card. I like your analogy with "Taking a Risk' being both a positive or negative association. "Bending the Rules" is another good interpretation ,like you say he might not necessarily have bad intentions, but nonetheless!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Barleywine

Post by Barleywine » 26 Aug 2018, 18:25

I have a series of posts on my blog titled "The Suit of Swords as Opportunity." Here is the 7 of Swords:

https://parsifalswheeldivination.com/20 ... of-swords/

One point I find especially interesting, considering the opposing posture and gaze of the figure on the RWS card, is that it shows "A conflicted attitude, wanting to take that “step in a new direction” signified by all the Sevens, but being drawn back into “unfinished business.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown » 26 Aug 2018, 20:50

Topic moved from Readings to Cartomancy discussion.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Amou

Post by Amou » 27 Aug 2018, 06:29

Thank you Barleywine.......such a help with this "complicated"card.
plenty to think about now when the 7S turns up in a reading. The link was exceptionally helpful, and I shall explore the mine of information on your blog. THANK YOU

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Tarot Talk”