my favorite book is.....

List what you think is the best Book. Only one per person.

Moderator: Jo Ann

Forum rules
List what you think is the best Book. Only one per person.
Jo Ann
Founder

my favorite book is.....

Post by Jo Ann »

Tarot Correspondences Ancient Secrets for Everyday Readers (includes over 100 essential tables & charts) by T. Susan Chang

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
FaireMaiden

Re: my favorite book is.....

Post by FaireMaiden »

"The Tarot Guide to Love and Relationships" by Nancy Shavick; (really, all of her books, but I had to choose just one)

Faire

:icon_arrow: "Whatever a man has in superabundance is owed, of natural right, to the poor for their sustenance." Thomas Aquinas

:icon_arrow: "From each, according to their ability, to each, according to their need." Karl Marx

:icon_arrow: "SOOTHSAYER"

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

The book on Tarot I cannot remember the title to that I took out of the library many years ago. It by far was the most accurate for readings when it came to Tarot down to deaths and extramarital affairs. All kinds of things even Lotto wins!

I really WISH I could find that book of all books.
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Benebell Wen's Holistic Tarot. (That was difficult! so many great books to choose from....)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
whatsawhosit

Post by whatsawhosit »

Eliphas Levi, Transcendental Magic

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I would like to get both books of Benebel's. I am not sure which is my favorite. For a basic book, its "Your tarot your way" by b. Moore.

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Night Shade

Post by Night Shade »

Mary K. Greer's Tarot For Your Self. I love the workbook format, and the focus on self-discovery.
"A multitude of small delights constitute happiness" - Charles Baudelaire

"Darkness helps us all to shine" - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I have or had that book. I can't find it. Will have to get it because in benebel's Sitesee the Tarot series, she does refer to that book.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

I got totally confused by contradictory Tarot books and don’t have the background in literature, poetry, the classics and the occult to make sense of Crowley’s references so am sticking to just the one now - The Ultimate Guide to the Thoth Tarot by Johannes Fiebig and Evelin Bürger. It’s been translated from German with sometimes puzzling results and the interpretations are often unusual but the way in which they ignore the subtitles completely and analyse the visual symbols resonates with me. I like to study pictures and spot correspondences a lot more than learn someone else’s complex philosophy in order to see the world through their eyes. Now I’ve committed to and am becoming more familiar with it, the readings are getting better, like I’m more attuned to it and able to magic out the card for which the book holds the most appropriate meanings. :icon_idea:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

If the thoth books are a bit overwhelming, try duquettes book. That is the one i have and its easier to read.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links