my favorite tarot is...

List what you think is the best tarot deck. Only one per person.

Moderator: Jo Ann

Forum rules
List what you think is the best tarot deck. Only one per person.
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: my favorite tarot is...

Post by Jo Ann »

AuroraLara wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 03:14 We all have a favorite Tarot card. Mine is The Star, with The Hermit being a close second. Believe it or not, your favorite Tarot card says a lot about you and where you are right now on your life path.
Then you don't want to see mine. Its kinda creepy. But i love it.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Jo Ann wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 21:14
AuroraLara wrote: 02 Mar 2020, 03:14 We all have a favorite Tarot card. Mine is The Star, with The Hermit being a close second. Believe it or not, your favorite Tarot card says a lot about you and where you are right now on your life path.
Then you don't want to see mine. Its kinda creepy. But i love it.
Oh we want to see it all right🌠

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

I knew someone would ask. I used to use it for an avatar.
Its from Russia called Black Tarot (there are several tarots called that). Fee found it for me when I was looking for it. So i got it from a guy in the Ukraine. But I think you can get it on amazon now.

here are two more

Image Image

It's one of my 'take it with me when i die' decks.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Charlie Brown
Global Moderator

Post by Charlie Brown »

Aside from any decent Marseille, I think my favorite is the Tinker's Damn.
Charlie Brown
—“I’ve developed a new philosophy. I only dread one day at a time.”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Jo Ann wrote: 03 Mar 2020, 15:41 I knew someone would ask. I used to use it for an avatar.
Its from Russia called Black Tarot (there are several tarots called that). Fee found it for me when I was looking for it. So i got it from a guy in the Ukraine. But I think you can get it on amazon now.

here are two more

Image Image

That’s an interesting one for sure The lack of heads reminds me of the Oliver Herbert Tarot I own

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

I’ve struggled with actual Tarot decks, found it hard to understand the occult symbolism. The Quantum Tarot 2.0 has been the easiest to read, using the small guidebook, but that makes it rather limited. My favourite’s still the Thoth even though it’s more difficult, I like the artwork and I know there’s much more to it, a lot of depth and meaning even if I don’t understand Crowley’s philosophy. :icon_e_confused:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Post by Belinda2 »

Jo Ann wrote: 03 Mar 2020, 15:41 I knew someone would ask. I used to use it for an avatar.

here are two more

Image Image

You know I think my taste and decks has become more mature because I really like some dark decks now.Planning on getting Tarot de marseille by pole ka

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
HeKatesXing

Post by HeKatesXing »

Serpentwand wrote: 28 Sep 2020, 00:12 I’ve struggled with actual Tarot decks, found it hard to understand the occult symbolism. The Quantum Tarot 2.0 has been the easiest to read, using the small guidebook, but that makes it rather limited. My favourite’s still the Thoth even though it’s more difficult, I like the artwork and I know there’s much more to it, a lot of depth and meaning even if I don’t understand Crowley’s philosophy. :icon_e_confused:
If struggling with the occult symbolism of reading tarot try just starting with 2-3 keywords for each card in a journal, using those keywords combine in a 3 card reading until really comfortable expanding your meanings depending on the context of the question, the layout, spread used.. I daily work with the cards just a few at a time until I understand the keywords.. another thing I do is take one card at a time and describe it in my journal, let the card tell me the story then put two cards together then three and slowly build as I weave a story together ..
Activity number 3 I write The Fool's Journey through each Suit starting with the Major Arcana, writing what The Fool sees, who he speaks to, what he does during this journey. It really helped when I start with a new deck ..
I did a story with the Quantum Tarot The Fool's Journey Through The Cups This may help .. take care

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Thank you. I’ve started posting threads for the cards in the Thoth subforum now, the ideas from the book that resonated with my question or whatever. Hopefully they’ll build up along with other people’s contributions and develop some understanding.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
HeKatesXing

Post by HeKatesXing »

Serpentwand wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 00:53 Thank you. I’ve started posting threads for the cards in the Thoth subforum now, the ideas from the book that resonated with my question or whatever. Hopefully they’ll build up along with other people’s contributions and develop some understanding.
Welcome
That sounds like a good idea ..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links