Welcome MyCredit2018

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here to introduce yourself to current members.
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: Welcome MyCredit2018

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Well, the numerous bots registering as members are indeed bothersome.

The trouble is that it is not always easy to tell right away if somebody new is indeed 'somebody ' or rather 'something'. Weeding out all non-legit applicants is alot of work (been there, done that). Where are we going to draw the line?

However, I am open to suggestions. For instance, we could make it mandatory for new members to introduce themselves before we approve them.

Thoughts?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

But the way things are set up, they have to be approved to leave a post. Actually, they are sent an email to finish there registration, so unfortunately, the spammers are real people and not bots at least the ones who manage to get online. With this new update, the spam bots should be kept at a minimum.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
SaturnCeleste

Post by SaturnCeleste »

Jo Ann wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 20:58 But the way things are set up, they have to be approved to leave a post. Actually, they are sent an email to finish there registration, so unfortunately, the spammers are real people and not bots at least the ones who manage to get online. With this new update, the spam bots should be kept at a minimum.
Great job Jo Ann! Now this place is much homier! :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Thanx SC!

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Obake

Post by Obake »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 17:48The trouble is that it is not always easy to tell right away if somebody new is indeed 'somebody ' or rather 'something'. Weeding out all non-legit applicants is alot of work (been there, done that). Where are we going to draw the line?
I'm a real boy! The Blue Fairy granted my wish!

I do have some experience with bots though. The ones that post in forums are getting better but easy to spot if you read through their posts.

Considerable experience, in fact. I have one of my own and taught it to do something you might find interesting. Or not. I'm not sure.

This is only my second post here so maybe more about that later. I'm here to learn about tarot and don't want to offend anyone.
Ordo Ab Chao

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Welcome to the board. Hope you utilize it and enjoy yourself!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Obake

Post by Obake »

Thank you, Jo Ann, I plan on it and appreciate the welcome.

I won't hijack the thread but I guess I've never really used a tarot deck and might as well explain myself to a greater extent, in true rambling style. (It can be moved to my intro thread if deemed more appropriate.)

I did study the Ryder Waite Tarot to learn the meanings of the cards for something I was doing but that style of artwork didn't appeal to me when it came to buying one.

All have is the Hermetic Tarot and Tarot of Shadows, both of which are oracle decks. I know it's a different system but have since learned here there seems to be some difference I wasn't previously aware of between the tw styles of deck. The Hermetic deck the one I prefer but in total have only used them 3-4 times and I seem to do things a little differently.

I don't have questions to ask and approach it with an open mind and see what comes. That's what has worked the only real time I've done a serious reading anyway. I don't do it for advise or pull a card now and then to see what to expect and go with the flow.

I can basically handle that on my own and always listen to my gut instincts and try to see the meanings in things, or if there is a lesson to be learned. So I have a lot to learn here and have just been free-styling it by the seat of my pants with no formal guidance.

I'm interested in Numerology, Kabbalah and have done some study of a Nordic theory I can't remember the proper name of where the utterance of certain words are believed to have power, with special interest in relation to Biblical curses.

I'll be rambling on and on so will stop for now. I do, however, Jo Ann, find it interesting you have a wee beastie Familiar listed in your tagline and wonder if you would like to elaborate on that sometime either openly or by PM. How did you come by it?
Ordo Ab Chao

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

Cards are to assist you, you read them as you will. I have several decks that I use, but i mainly use the deck i call Centennial Pixie. Its the centennial version of Pamela Smith's deck (or the art of Pamela smith) my second favorite is Benebell Wen's Spirit Keepers Vitruvian edition.

I came up with my tag by playing around with the smilies one day. There is no other reason around it. I had started out to make a story of the tags but some people objected and i ended up with just the tag line I have now. I don't think some people found me serious enough about my tarot board. @onion36@ This smilie is my favorite.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Obake wrote: 03 Jul 2020, 23:27
Michael Sternbach wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 17:48The trouble is that it is not always easy to tell right away if somebody new is indeed 'somebody ' or rather 'something'. Weeding out all non-legit applicants is alot of work (been there, done that). Where are we going to draw the line?
I'm a real boy! The Blue Fairy granted my wish!
I am glad she did. Welcome to the forum, Obake 👻!
I do have some experience with bots though. The ones that post in forums are getting better but easy to spot if you read through their posts.

Considerable experience, in fact. I have one of my own and taught it to do something you might find interesting. Or not. I'm not sure.

This is only my second post here so maybe more about that later. I'm here to learn about tarot and don't want to offend anyone.
Seems unlikely you would be the kind of person offending people, unless you would let your bot run loose here, of course. More than once I felt like telling those spammers something along the lines of:
Image Other than that, learning about your experience in the field might be interesting.

Who knows, maybe we will even make you our special representative in bots questions! @onion35@

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Obake wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 09:22 Thank you, Jo Ann, I plan on it and appreciate the welcome.

I won't hijack the thread but I guess I've never really used a tarot deck and might as well explain myself to a greater extent, in true rambling style. (It can be moved to my intro thread if deemed more appropriate.)

I did study the Ryder Waite Tarot to learn the meanings of the cards for something I was doing but that style of artwork didn't appeal to me when it came to buying one.

All have is the Hermetic Tarot and Tarot of Shadows, both of which are oracle decks. I know it's a different system but have since learned here there seems to be some difference I wasn't previously aware of between the tw styles of deck. The Hermetic deck the one I prefer but in total have only used them 3-4 times and I seem to do things a little differently.
The Hermetic is awesome! Some kind of cross between Rider Waite and Thoth (my usual go-to deck), actually. It is definitely a real Tarot deck, whereas the Tarot of Shadows (despite its name and some structural similarities) would indeed count as an oracle deck.
I don't have questions to ask and approach it with an open mind and see what comes. That's what has worked the only real time I've done a serious reading anyway. I don't do it for advise or pull a card now and then to see what to expect and go with the flow.

I can basically handle that on my own and always listen to my gut instincts and try to see the meanings in things, or if there is a lesson to be learned. So I have a lot to learn here and have just been free-styling it by the seat of my pants with no formal guidance.

I'm interested in Numerology, Kabbalah and have done some study of a Nordic theory I can't remember the proper name of where the utterance of certain words are believed to have power, with special interest in relation to Biblical curses.
It is probably not coincidental that you have found your way to our obscure corner of the WWW. Generally speaking, I'd say, if your objective is to reach out to alot of people, there may be forum sites out there that are better suited for that. However, if you are content to chat about the kind of topics you mentioned with a handful of like-minded and fairly experienced people in a familiar atmosphere while enjoying a cup of coffee and a piece of cake (so to speak), we at "the ocher place" may just have been waiting for you to join us!

:64(17):
I'll be rambling on and on so will stop for now. I do, however, Jo Ann, find it interesting you have a wee beastie Familiar listed in your tagline and wonder if you would like to elaborate on that sometime either openly or by PM. How did you come by it?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links