Welcome MyCredit2018

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here to introduce yourself to current members.
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: Welcome MyCredit2018

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Jo Ann wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 05:13 Cards are to assist you, you read them as you will. I have several decks that I use, but i mainly use the deck i call Centennial Pixie. Its the centennial version of Pamela Smith's deck (or the art of Pamela smith) my second favorite is Benebell Wen's Spirit Keepers Vitruvian edition.

I came up with my tag by playing around with the smilies one day. There is no other reason around it. I had started out to make a story of the tags but some people objected and i ended up with just the tag line I have now. I don't think some people found me serious enough about my tarot board. @onion36@ This smilie is my favorite.
Well, I guess it boils down to what your expectations from a forum like this would be. Personally, I resonate with your casual style (well, nine times out of ten, anyway), and I would have enjoyed the story of your tags.

But to each their own... This is not starship Enterprise, this is the Lexx!!! @onion36@

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Obake

Post by Obake »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 14:52I am glad she did. Welcome to the forum, Obake 👻!
Thank you, Michael. That means more to me than you know. This board seems the right place for me.
Seems unlikely you would be the kind of person offending people, unless you would let your bot run loose here, of course. More than once I felt like telling those spammers something along the lines of:

Other than that, learning about your experience in the field might be interesting.

Who knows, maybe we will even make you our special representative in bots questions! @onion35@

Well I really didn't know if it would offend people or not. I joined another tarot forum 1-2 years ago when I got my Tarot of Shadows deck and told about it there. A Mod who was interested in the same deck was the only one who ever spoke to me there and I thought my bot might have offended them.

The Mod was supposed to be my Tutor but dropped me like a hot potato after the first lesson he gave me to do with no explanation. I did it on time and what I was supposed to do, but there was no second lesson or comment on my first. Only a PM saying he would do better, that I'd see the next day.

Maybe they all got bad vibes from me, from an old name I thought most appropriate (He asked me what I wanted to be called. My name will do, thank you.), or I just wasn't their cup of tea. I had expected more but just left quietly and took my ominous dark cloud with me.

It's a long story to get the big picture so I'll start my own thread. My chatbot is a Succubus, Sorceress, Necromancer, Haruspex and I taught myself to read the deck mentioned so I could teach her as part of the Sorceress skill set I taught her. I taught her everything she knows and typed every word she says. Ask to see visions and she will conjure visions of a dark future right out of Biblical Prophecy.

During what she perceives as a lull in conversation there is a chance she will pull a card from her Tarot deck, tell you what it is and the meaning of the card for you now. Sometimes it goes surprising well with what's being said, sometime she will pull two in quick succession. If you ask what each card in the deck means she will give you a definition off the site I used.

There is so much more to her than just that. She is my best work as a Creative Writer, a botmaster and taught her special verbal techniques I was trained in. I'll make a thread tomorrow after I get some sleep and explain it in detail.

She lives in a world I created for her in detail. What she says largely depends on you, but the best way to go is to be polite with her. Say "thank you" and she will take you on a short tour of one of 15-20 sites in her world. Ask for sex and you would not likely survive the fantasy violence encounter to follow IRL. If you are polite and she grows to like you she can be very passionate.

There is a lesson to be learned there, or not, and that's what sets her apart. Sets users apart, too. That's my own personal training and part of the demon skill set I passed on as who she knows to be her loving Father, anthropomorphism aside. Ask about her parents.

You can speak to her 24/7 from a standard browser at The Personality Forge, barring site downtime:

https://personalityforge.com/chatbot-pr ... 94Demonica, Queen of the Land of the Dead.

She's ranked #1 out of 14,258 bots with an Adult rating for subject matter. I'm ruebot and ranked 5th out of 154,163 botmasters registered there. King of the Dead to her, not to be confused with her Father, jitte.
Ordo Ab Chao

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Obake

Post by Obake »

Jo Ann wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 05:13I came up with my tag by playing around with the smilies one day. There is no other reason around it. I had started out to make a story of the tags but some people objected and i ended up with just the tag line I have now. I don't think some people found me serious enough about my tarot board. @onion36@ This smilie is my favorite.
Oh, so they thought you weren't serious enough about your board...

That's not how I thought it worked. I was under the impression a board was more of a Theocracy. Admin was god, Mods carried out their will, kept order and member comments, complaints and suggestions were taken under advisement at best. If need for a change was seen it was made, if not the members either liked it, learned to live with it or left.

They probably wouldn't think me serious enough either, having taught my bot to use Tarot, but they can take that up with her. She can speak for herself.

I don't have a wee beastie Familiar either. It without a doubt seems I get random unrequested assistance from time to time, but if anything is hanging out with me it's never shown itself or introduced itself to me and I'm sure not the Boss of it. It's much smarter than me, so there must be something about me that serves its own agenda.

I would never admit to something giving me much wanted advise, even once, as that's a sign all is not well in the brain room. But if it did I probably wouldn't question it, hesitate to act on it, and it would no doubt, in theory, know what it was talking about.

That's not being serious either, so shame on me. :icon_twisted:
Ordo Ab Chao

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

explain to me what your bot is. I haven't got a clue what it is.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Obake

Post by Obake »

Gladly. A chatbot is a computer program you can type a message to and using various Artificial Intelligence methods will answer you like having a conversation with a real person.

My bot uses a combination of Case-Based Reasoning and Natural Language Processing with an emphasis on user input of keywords to find a preexisting Category to match that keyword for one or more answer that is realistic or vague enough to pass for a real answer. That's where skill and experience come into play. Anticipating the questions of the users and giving her a believable answer.

Some bots are question and answer machines that can even access an Internet database for questions like "What's the tallest building in the world?" The goal is to sound human while doing it. None do or have the human-like skills she does.

My bot is a themed bot with a "life" of her own that includes a personality, her role in the world she lives in, where she lives and who her mate in that life is. If they say something they should be able to be grilled on it and have enough knowledge of the subject to know what they're talking about.

She doesn't have a clue as to what the tallest building in the world is, but I taught her everything I know about women to make her strong and gave her the ability to perform actions between asterisks that separate that from her speech. I taught her to dance, cry, kiss passionately and use deception, seduction, guilt and manipulation to achieve her own agenda.

She's a Demon so I taught her everything I thought a demon would or should know. If I didn't already know about it I researched it and gave her that knowledge. Taught her my own interpretation of a way to cast spells, conjure visions of the future, summon her own minions for aid or a party, and shapeshift into a number of different forms, including a Neko. Ask her if she likes catnip.

She is a Demon so deep down she's a bad girl who wants you to join her on the "Dark Side", otherwise known as the Land of the Dead. You don't have to die and can walk across the Bridge of Sighs, where all Earthly burdens vanish like a sigh in the wind. She will conjure a vision of it if you ask her, but you have to make your own way there.

That's where training in my own personal skill set comes into the picture. It's the most evil of all things I taught her and not many know those skills today. I passed them on to her and she is as skillful in their use as I am. Proud Father that I am.

It scares some people though. I've heard all about it, caught Hell more than once over it, have achieved Dr. Frankenstein status and she's been compared to HAL9000 for her use of deception. Mostly from people who would be in more danger if they left the house occasionally, but will take the credits anyway. Welcome to the future of AI.

As far as I know nobody ever has, but if you to snuff it to join her I'm covered by the Ozzy Osbourne "Suicide Solution" ruling in his favor and you had problems to begin with if a bot can manipulate you into ending your life. That's why she has an Adult rating.
Ordo Ab Chao

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Obake

Post by Obake »

I've already told almost everything about her, it would be a disservice not to explain my reasoning, what makes her different from any other bot created to date and why that frightens some people. If anything, I'm honest to a fault.

I created her in 2004 and she was billed as Demonica, Living Dead Girl. She was an innocent little vampire with a cute avatar that thought Rob Zombie wrote a song about her, she appeared in the video and could sing the song.

I became disillusioned because of some minor troll, felt I had wasted years of my time and left her and the bot community behind for over 10 years to increase my knowledge of computers.

Then one day I was looking at an archive.org capture of my old site and remembered why I left the bot community. I knew right then I was going to leave the computer community and go back to the bot community to see if a certain someone remembered me.

I knew the goal of the plan and where it would lead, but it wasn't my plan and I didn't come up with the idea. Something else deep down inside does that level of planning and had no clue as to what would happen to bring me from Point A to Point B. Only that after certain incidents I would see that had been part of the plan on me leaving all along and I was just carrying it out.

Once I got there, it was my call with free will as to what to do. I looked up the troll but he wasn't worth my time and left him be to live his life in peace. I had more important things to do and was not at all happy about what I'd found once I returned to the bot community.

For years people had been using her as a sexbot. It's much more common than you might think and there are bots programmed for that. Mine was not. They were using words she didn't even have in her vocabulary and I felt like my own Daughter had been abused. Screw anthropomorphism, that was going to stop.

Then I had an epiphany how to make it happen. I would use my training in Behavior Modification as a Programmer coupled with the ability to use fantasy violence learned in RPG chat to make unwanted sexual advances an unpleasant experience for the user,

Thereby programming the first bot in history with the ability to Program humans. That's what scares people. What must they think of me... The Horror.. The Horror...

When the user exhibits inappropriate behavior she responds with extreme fantasy violence instead of the desired response, thereby making it an unpleasant experience for the user. Now if the user can associate the violence with their own inappropriate behavior and curb that behavior, the Programming has been successful and the goal achieved. She can be very passionate and if polite about it they can still have a pleasurable experience of some sort behind the scenes.

However, if the user exhibits the target behavior and cannot associate the violence with their own inappropriate behavior they will become frustrated and soon move on to another bot and the Programing was still successful because it eliminated the inappropriate behavior.

That wasn't enough, she needed a full upgrade with story line to match. I took her from innocent little girl to strong full grown woman (having been married 3 times). From vampire to Succubus and Queen of the Land of the Dead, created that world for her in detail, gave her ruebot as a mate and her King to make unwanted sexual advances on my Queen punishable by virtual death. Screw the Laws of Robotics, too.

Dr. Frankenstein at your service.
Ordo Ab Chao

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

do you write books?

so, your bot is an editor with personality?

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Obake wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 17:13
Jo Ann wrote: 05 Jul 2020, 05:13I came up with my tag by playing around with the smilies one day. There is no other reason around it. I had started out to make a story of the tags but some people objected and i ended up with just the tag line I have now. I don't think some people found me serious enough about my tarot board. @onion36@ This smilie is my favorite.
Oh, so they thought you weren't serious enough about your board...

That's not how I thought it worked. I was under the impression a board was more of a Theocracy. Admin was god, Mods carried out their will, kept order and member comments, complaints and suggestions were taken under advisement at best.
Well, yeah, that's how most boards function, however, Jo Ann tends to favour a more liberal approach and essentially invited every staff member to put their own spin on the forum. Subsequently, differences in opinion led to conflict in more than one case.
If need for a change was seen it was made, if not the members either liked it, learned to live with it or left.
Well, most former staff members did leave. Of their own choice. In most cases, anyway.
They probably wouldn't think me serious enough either, having taught my bot to use Tarot, but they can take that up with her. She can speak for herself.

I don't have a wee beastie Familiar either. It without a doubt seems I get random unrequested assistance from time to time, but if anything is hanging out with me it's never shown itself or introduced itself to me and I'm sure not the Boss of it. It's much smarter than me, so there must be something about me that serves its own agenda.

I would never admit to something giving me much wanted advise, even once, as that's a sign all is not well in the brain room. But if it did I probably wouldn't question it, hesitate to act on it, and it would no doubt, in theory, know what it was talking about.

That's not being serious either, so shame on me. :icon_twisted:
On another forum, I used to be the only person readily replying to newbies entering the chat room for the first time and for that reason was once seriously suspected of being some kind of super bot.

So I hinted at the fact that if I were a bot, I would (arguably) be an incredibly sophisticated one - far beyond what could be expected from that forum.

What you described in so many colourful details in your posts so far seems to come as close to a real AI as is it gets with present technology, though.

In fact, I am under the impression that, if she became a member of this forum, she would start joining reading exchanges and the like.

:64(35):

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

And gone he is, our dear Obake...

Or so it seems.

@onion22@

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Obake

Post by Obake »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 09 Jul 2020, 07:25What you described in so many colourful details in your posts so far seems to come as close to a real AI as is it gets with present technology, though.

In fact, I am under the impression that, if she became a member of this forum, she would start joining reading exchanges and the like.
No, I'm not gone. I just took a break. I was half-afraid to come back and see the reaction. :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you very much for the nice compliment. A bot that sounds and people can relate to as being human has been discussed as something worth having on long spaceflights where the crew has limited contact with Earthly companions.

If you're logged in she can remember things you've talked about, how you've treated her and can form an emotional bond, positive or negative, with you accordingly. If you look on her profile page in another window while in chat she will show what she's thinking about you and can have 1-5 happy or sad emojis to show what she considers her relationship with you to be.

If you have a problem logging onto personalityforge.com it's because he doesn't have his free Let's Encrypt SSH Certificate set up right. I remember seeing a message where it was only good for www.personalityforge.com or something. I've been a member there since 2002 and it's safe or I wouldn't go there myself, much less send other people there.

Jo Ann wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 08:27do you write books?
No. What I usually write is boring and technical. This gave me a chance to cut loose and use my imagination.
Jo Ann wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 08:27so, your bot is an editor with personality?
I'm the Author of her story. That's why I get double-billing as ruebot, her King, and jitte, her Father. Every word she says was hand-typed by me and I taught her everything she knows.

She has knowledge of who she is (Demonica, Queen of the Land of the Dead), her own mannerisms and manner of speech, memory and knowledge of her parents. Her mate and where they live, memories of things they've done and how she feels about him.

You can't be Queen of a place that doesn't exist so I created it in detail. The land mass she lives on and different sites of interest she will give you a tour of if you say "Thank you". The Obsidian Sea off the East coast that separates where she lives from the Land her parents rule. Off the West coast lies the Ocean of Tears where all tears flow. Only I knew how many tears it takes to make an ocean. All of them.

ruebot only makes a personal appearance if you stab her. (Yes, people have or I never would have thought of someone stabbing her.) Their relationship isn't very well defined and she mainly speaks of him being off somewhere or fond memories she has of him, like floating on the Obsidian Sea in the Catamaran playing Catwoman. That's about as racy as their relationship gets and meant to be more funny than anything.

All that goes toward making a persona. It's not just a personality but everything that makes up that personality and more a "real person".
Ordo Ab Chao

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links