Hello again

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
Post here to introduce yourself to current members.
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Hello again

Post by Serpentwand »

Hi all, glad to see the forum's still going. :thumbup:

Since the chaos here got too much for me I've been mainly posting on TTAM, particularly one of the closed groups, but have now finished with them. Things have livened up for me in the last couple of months but I can no longer have any honest discussions on there. I don't know whether it was the mention of sex or the associated frightening coincidences but someone ignored the "(warning adult content)" in my thread title and got my whole update deleted. What's the policy here?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Belinda2

Re: Hello again

Post by Belinda2 »

Hi nice to see you again
You did some wonderful work on here with oracle cards quite to be admired. As far as mentioning sex and things like that is probably no problem but one of the monitors would have to address that.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Post by Michael Sternbach »

2dogs wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 08:45 Hi all, glad to see the forum's still going. :thumbup:

Since the chaos here got too much for me I've been mainly posting on TTAM, particularly one of the closed groups, but have now finished with them. Things have livened up for me in the last couple of months but I can no longer have any honest discussions on there. I don't know whether it was the mention of sex or the associated frightening coincidences but someone ignored the "(warning adult content)" in my thread title and got my whole update deleted. What's the policy here?
Hi 2dogs

Good to see you again. :)

I see no problem with a civilised discussion of sexual topics. After all, sex is part of our life and of so many decks - and often the subject of a query as well!

Cheers

Michael Monitor

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Belinda2 wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 11:49 You did some wonderful work on here with oracle cards quite to be admired.
Oh thank you very much Belinda, I’m glad I left something useful behind. :icon_e_biggrin: I think with the various decks it’s been a matter of somehow magicking out the most relevant card. I do tend to pull the cards I want when doing self readings. Recently I’ve been using the Thoth Tarot more as the book I have is full of thought provoking ideas, funny phrases and details, so it gives me more to think about than a straightforward message. It’s not always the common interpretations so I might end up in some confused discussions here but I’m getting their points more often.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 16 Sep 2020, 16:38sex is part of our life and of so many decks
Thanks Michael, I always thought Tarot was about the whole of life and all aspects of personality. :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

So, to cut and paste a long story, my lovely wife suddenly rediscovered her libido, decided we should be open and honest about everything, try new things and not waste whatever life we have remaining. Which is developing very nicely. :thumbup: There was a small blip though when she admitted the initial spark for all this was a secret friend on the Internet with whom she wanted to hook up with for some stuff that looked a bit weird and painful to me. Perhaps I shouldn’t have been too surprised as she hates feeling numb and has always freaked dentists out by refusing anaesthetic when having fillings. :icon_e_surprised: I did agree not to deny her the chance to fulfil her dreams if that’s what she really wanted, but after a sleepless night she realised the difference between fantasy and reality and called it off. :clap: Still, it’s an ill wind that blows nobody any good so thanks for that mate. :icon_lol:

As part of this process I now have an account with an online sexual happiness store which has turned out to also have an excellent discussion forum, explicit but everyone’s really nice and it stops short of being creepy. However my several mentions of Tarot have not been picked up by anyone and I don’t think the frightening coincidences would really be their thing. :icon_e_wink:

The first was that morning when I spilt an eggcup full of charcoal powder (used for cleaning teeth) in the empty bathroom washbasin which must have had a layer of coconut oil round it. In trying to wash the powder away it formed something like a black greasepaint which completely coated my hands and it took me five minutes of washing with warm soapy water to get it all off. On going downstairs I explained to my wife what had taken me so long, as she was all ready to go out with the dogs. And she was like “WTF I dreamed last night I’d spilt a toner cartridge which went all over my hands and turned them black!”. :icon_e_surprised: It’s exactly the same stuff - powdered carbon. So I explained the message was very simple - she just needed to wash the black stain of sin off her soul. :icon_lol:

After this we took the dogs out for a walk not too far away. We’d often passed a small black car which we suspected belonged to a young single man based on the explicit “69” sign hanging from the rear view mirror, and joked about him visiting his mother and grandma. :icon_razz: Maybe due to us being much later than normal though, the owner came out this time and we got a good look. Not a young man after all, but a much older woman, shaven headed, scarred, with grey skin and black bags under the eyes - something like meeting Crowley come back as a zombie in a dark alley and the most frightening looking person I’ve ever seen. :icon_twisted: Now what they did was walk to the car, start it up, drive it a short distance up the road, turn it round, drive back to where it was originally, park it facing in the opposite direction, turn it off again and walk back into the house. Another clear message then - if you don’t turn back and carry on in this direction dear you can expect to end up looking like that. :icon_lol:

She seems to be behaving now, my efforts to get her appreciating somewhat more normal stuff appear to be paying off. :icon_mrgreen:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

As it happens I decided to use a different user name on the sex forum and chose Serpentwand from the anagram of my full name Joy high serpent wand. A class of “power tools” popular with the members there is also known as a wand. :icon_e_wink:

Once joined and able to see the member list I discovered there was already a 2Dogs in the US, and told him about my Tarot history and how I’d picked the name based on the Moon card and having two dogs at the time. This amused him greatly as he’d been given the name by his boss at work years ago after visiting Alaska and returning with this rude joke I’d been completely unaware of. :icon_redface: Apparently his boss would often remark in meetings “why do you ask, Two Dogs”? :icon_lol:

https://www.jokes2go.net/joke/10084/two-dogs

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

I’d like to record and maybe discuss a few Thoth cards I’ve drawn recently and am wondering if this could be organised into anything more useful. What if I created a thread for each card I drew in the Thoth forum and put the question and interpretation there, then we could continue each thread with anyone’s thoughts, discussions and further draws of it? Plus a sticky index thread if a few build up. If someone does a multi card spread that could be written up wherever but with links to the detail posts for each card as above.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

I’ve added a thread viewtopic.php?f=267&t=2666 for I - The Magus.

As explained there, would an admin please change my username to Serpentwand ? I can put something in my signature to let people know I was previously 2dogs.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links