Prince of Cups

Moderator: Michael Sternbach

Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Prince of Cups

Post by Serpentwand »

I’ve drawn this for one of my strange hobbies, the arranging of my music collection. :icon_rolleyes: I often feel there’s some hidden significance there and the popularity of 1970s music on another forum has led me to consider it again. It's probably a common phenomenon related to age but I get a very strong feeling that the most exciting music was produced during my teens and cut off quite sharply at age 21, as if it lost its forward momentum at that point. There’s a lot of excellent music after that point but it’s much more patchy and disorganised, and I don’t relate to it as strongly. So my idea is to pick out music for each of those years and focus on listening to that in sequence, getting a feel for the music of each year. I would have been stuck for music up to age 5 a few years ago but have since found a lot of avant garde stuff in the classical area and most of this also peaks in the same time frame. There’s definitely something I ought to be doing regarding that part of my past, like changing my feelings, reinforcing certain memories while paying less attention to others, perhaps even developing a story of how I could have felt or acted differently, and maybe listening to music composed or released during each year will help by either strengthening or even associating new emotions. It’s all a bit confused at the moment so I thought the Tarot might help clarify matters. :icon_idea:

The card suggests a diving into the depths of the soul and feelings, a search for personal fulfilment, absorption within oneself, transformation of unresolved conflicts, recognitions, one’s own history and development, perhaps the need to establish boundaries. These thoughts seem quite relevant to my ideas, it looks like a project worth pursuing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Michael Sternbach
Founder

Re: Prince of Cups

Post by Michael Sternbach »

Well, with me, it's actually more the late 80's and 90's music that I am stuck with! :64(18):
There’s definitely something I ought to be doing regarding that part of my past, like changing my feelings, reinforcing certain memories while paying less attention to others, perhaps even developing a story of how I could have felt or acted differently, and maybe listening to music composed or released during each year will help by either strengthening or even associating new emotions.
That sounds awesome. There is a belief in certain spiritual circles (quite in keeping with modern physics!) that our life in fact does not unfold in the linear fashion that we are so accustomed to, but along various time lines that we generally have little awareness of. Moreover, it is assumed that our perception of subsequent moments is somehow flawed and that, in some way, it all happens simultaneously!

This goes hand in hand with the belief that it is indeed possible (on a mental level) to step back in time, as it were, and undo some of the decision we made back then, change around how we felt about certain experiences, and so on. Not that taking that kind of action would literally cause us to end up in a different time line in which what has already happened never happened... But by going back and invoking those other possibilities, we may achieve some kind of "bleed over" from those other, happier existences of ours. And in those terms, what you outlined would be a practical way of doing just that. :64(22):

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Michael Sternbach wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 16:23 But by going back and invoking those other possibilities, we may achieve some kind of "bleed over" from those other, happier existences of ours.
That’s very interesting thank you. I’m quite satisfied with the key events and wouldn’t want to end up anywhere different but it would have been nice to have the feeling of security that things were on track and happening as they ought to, not getting upset and resisting fate.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Today’s card of the day. I finished organising the “classical” avant garde and electroacoustic music on my player yesterday. I’m enjoying listening to it more now, it seems the earlier and later compositions were spoiling it for me. I wasn’t sure whether to add any “rock” music which starts around 1967 or if it would clash completely, and I think drawing this again is telling me not to, now I’ve reached this stage of completion to leave it there and concentrate on immersing myself in it. :icon_cool:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links