What's your current favourite crystal?

Moderator: theFeeLion

Forum rules
In this section you can add any discussions or questions about crystals or herbs, or show off your crystal or herb collections.
theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 30 Jul 2017, 23:07

I have a three favourites right now, hypersthene, pietersite, and sugilite :grin:

I'll try and take some photos later if people are interested
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Falkor

Re: What's your current favourite crystal?

Post by Falkor » 03 Aug 2017, 14:25

Jaspers! There are so many kinds of them and all are beautiful. I think it's MY special stone. Grounding.

Also I love labradorites. Those are pure magic.

And I can't not to mention crystal quartz, it's just amazing and has so many usages.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia » 03 Aug 2017, 15:54

Labradorite, yes, I love it. Snowflake obsidian has been my favorite for many many years. Chrysocolla is lovely too...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 18 Feb 2018, 17:57

a crystal forum! how did i miss this section?

i’ve never heard of hypersthene or pietersite before... i like the color green so would probably like hypersthene.

pietersite sounds amazing:

“Pietersite is a variety of Quartz, composed naturally of Tiger's Eye, Hawk's Eye and Jasper, and is characterized by an incredible chatoyancy and brilliance of life within the stone. Its dominant gold hues are contrasted with deep blue-black, grey and brown, as well as occasional clear areas.”

any stone with chatoyancy is alluring. i love moonstone and labradorite.

snowflake obsidian is beautiful with its gorgeous patterning. so is malachite, which is supposed to be my power stone or something like that... forgot where i read that.

lately i have been into blue stones and apatite is a favorite. the deep blue color floors me. the raw crystal i have looks almost black, but shine a light through and it will glow with the most calming blue hues.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 18 Feb 2018, 21:22

Hypersthene is actually a black stone with iridescent striping, I’ll have to find a link for you later.

I must admit I’m a sucker for stones with a bit of flash lol I recently went to a gypsy fair and bought some crystals there and three of the ones I got are current favourites. Blue Goldstone, Tibetan quartz, and blue apatite :D
Come faeries take me out of this dull world. For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame. - W B Yeats

May you touch dragonflies and stars, dance with faeries and talk to the moon. - Unknown

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

kyan

Post by kyan » 19 Feb 2018, 00:55

oh interesting... my online dictionary described Hypersthene as greenish. i saw pics of it just now online and have actually seen it before... it’s like zebra stone!

haha “blue goldstone” sounds like an oxymoron. i bet it’s beautiful tho. i love sparkle and flash. opal... sigh... so beautiful. like water caught in frozen light. or something. :icon_e_smile:

tibetan quartz sounds mystical and dreamy. quartz is so beautiful. i love the kind with shimmery gold lines of rutile.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tanga

Post by Tanga » 27 Aug 2018, 11:15

kyan wrote:
19 Feb 2018, 00:55
haha “blue goldstone” sounds like an oxymoron. i bet it’s beautiful tho. i love sparkle and flash. opal... sigh... so beautiful. like water caught in frozen light. or something. :icon_e_smile:
Blue Goldstone is a man made glass. And It's a favourite - because it looks like the night sky - and following on from that, the Goddess Nut. :icon_e_wink:
I'm strongly attracted to Tiger Iron/Mugglestone (Golden Tiger's Eye, Hematite & Japer) and often carry a piece in my pocket.
I love Quartz in it's varied forms, tourmalinated, rutile, smokey... I have a few pieces of this around the house and on my Altar(s).
And I like Rainbow Obsidian, Astrophyllite and Fire or Boulder Opals.
“Be Still, like a mountain; Flow, like a deep river” Lao Tsu

~ Allow Yourself To Be Who You Are ~

Mitakuye Oyasin - “my brothers and sisters - all life is connected”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

theFeeLion
Global Moderator

Post by theFeeLion » 29 Aug 2018, 06:19

Tanga wrote: Blue Goldstone is a man made glass. And It's a favourite - because it looks like the night sky - and following on from that, the Goddess Nut. :icon_e_wink:
I love Quartz in it's varied forms, tourmalinated, rutile, smokey... I have a few pieces of this around the house and on my Altar(s).
And I like Rainbow Obsidian, Astrophyllite and Fire or Boulder Opals.
I love blue goldstone’s night sky quality too :D
The quartz family is a general favourite of mine too.

If been trying to find a good astrophyllite/stilbite piece for a while. Love that combo :)

As for obsidian... that’s my jam! I really want to get some of each type. Currently I only have a nice big fist sized chunk of the black (helps me to connect with the Aztec goddess Itzpapalotl) and a thumb size piece of the mahogany, I’ve been eyeing up some gold and silver sheen lately though :D

Beginners Tarot Club

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Tanga

Post by Tanga » 29 Aug 2018, 16:21

theFeeLion wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 06:19

The quartz family is a general favourite of mine too.

If been trying to find a good astrophyllite/stilbite piece for a while. Love that combo :)

As for obsidian... that’s my jam! I really want to get some of each type. Currently I only have a nice big fist sized chunk of the black (helps me to connect with the Aztec goddess Itzpapalotl) and a thumb size piece of the mahogany, I’ve been eyeing up some gold and silver sheen lately though :D
Ahh - I feel a photo coming on to post here.
I will photo my 2 pieces of Astrophyllite tomorrow.

Here is my main Altar with:
A large smokey Quartz point (black. It sat it the shop for 2 years whilst I oohed over it every time
I went in - finally bought it).
Behind it is an oval Obsidian mirror polished by the vendor himself after acquiring it on one of his gem forays abroad (from Jubilee market in Central London). To the far left an Obsidian skull, and the odd shaped 2 pieces to the right of the large crystal point are volcanic lava and black Tourmaline.
There's a tiny howling black Onyx wolf at the front.
The 2 pieces that look streaky brown - are Tiger Iron/Muggle stone.
White and silver - Sphalerite.
The White ball is Selenite and her name is Bianca Neive (Snow White).

Looked up Itzpapalotl - :icon_e_biggrin: Kick-Ass Lady!

“Be Still, like a mountain; Flow, like a deep river” Lao Tsu

~ Allow Yourself To Be Who You Are ~

Mitakuye Oyasin - “my brothers and sisters - all life is connected”

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer » 08 Sep 2018, 12:15

Obsidian and Hermatite. :wave: :wave: :wave:
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Crystals & Herbs”