Nemia's Beautiful Crochet Items

Indie, Indie, Indie! A forum for independently published decks and books. Many links to publisher websites lie within.
Nemia
Global Moderator

Iris blue and grey mini bag

Post by Nemia »

This is again the lovely YarnArt yarn - iris stitch, tiny bag, lacy and flexible.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Ivory grey grit stitch mini bag

Post by Nemia »

Another mini bag for playing cards - from YarnArt yarn, grit stitch.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Re: Nemia's Beautiful Crochet Items

Post by Jo Ann »

Nemia wrote: 04 Aug 2017, 04:30 Oh, that's lovely. I use Turkish, Israeli and Bulgarian yarn most of the time. That's what we get here where I live. I guess in bigger cities there is more to choose from. I our little city we have two rather small yarn shops, and I order regularly from a Turkish shop on the Internet who has wonderful things :-)

But like with my deck collection, I hope to use up all my stash before starting a new buying spree... Tarot bags and pouches are a great way to get rid of the leftovers from bigger projects. That's how I started...
I was thinking of making a tichel out of it, but there isn't enough in one roll so i am gonna try a tarot or altar cloth.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Light Forest flap bag, grit stitch

Post by Nemia »

Let's have some more crochet fun; life is a bit dreary right now :-(

I called this yarn and all the bags I made from it bag Light Forest - so this is the Light Forest flap bag in grit stitch.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
CharlotteK

Post by CharlotteK »

The light forest has very lovely colours. And I will have to learn grit stitch!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Constellations cruciform wrap

Post by Nemia »

This is one of the bags I made in the last few nights. I couldn't sleep and crochet always calms me down. It's for my beloved Constellations Tarot.

The pictures are a bit dark...

The bag is closed with a loop around a crochet flower with button.

The inner flaps hold nicely and tightly.

When I bought the yarn, I hoped that the colours would be mixed better - flowing into each other. That didn't happen but well, with gradiated yarn, you really never know what you get until the whole thing is ready.

The effect is nice nevertheless :-)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Astronomical playing cards bag

Post by Nemia »

Now this one turned out really crazy and I can't trade or swap it ;-) but it was fun to make.

I just played with all the different stitches and patterns I usually use. Some turned out loose, others tight, so this bag changes shape every few rows LOL

But it's nice for my astrological playing cards which now play nicely with the Constellations tarot.

I had fun with it and it holds the cards well.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

it is nice. i think i am crochet for a day or two and for get about paints and stuff. this mandela thread is yelling for me. pretty soon it will be time to start working on wool. ugh.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Grizabella

Post by Grizabella »

Your bags are beautiful. I love them. I've crocheted since I was a little girl. I see you mentioned that your flaps are wider than the bag and you don't know why so I thought I'd see if I could help on that score in case you're still having the problem.

One way is to just make your seam on the outside. Instead of turning the bag inside out to put the seam on the inside as we do when sewing with fabric, just crochet the bag together on the outside . It's that simple. Maybe someone else has helped you on this. I just skimmed through the pictures rather than reading all the posts. If nobody else has, I hope this helps.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Nemia
Global Moderator

Post by Nemia »

Thank you! I could simply adapt the number of stitches but well... I'm too lazy ;-) I turn some bags inside out, others not. And now I mostly do the wraps, so no problems with flaps anymore...

I have some 50 years of crochet experience as well (my grandmother taught me when I was little). Nothing relaxes me more than crocheting quietly while the world around me is turning...

I totally forgot this thread existed! Jo Ann is a crocheter too, aren't you, Jo Ann?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links