Lost Everything I Wrote!

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
This forum is for members to leave feedback and comments about the forum.

Tell us what you like and what could be improved. Share your ideas, your support and your criticism. It's all welcome!
DownUnderNZer

Re: Lost Everything I Wrote!

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Let's see how the next 10 days go. I was hoping, like you, this thread would have gone like the wind.

As for the browser - it has never requested for this website and yet it has for others even recently because I have done it a few times in the last few days including a password change for one site.

Not sure how to make it request, but will google and see if something comes up.

SUCCESS: Under the Browser section for MANAGING PASSWORDS it was NOT SAVED so I had to DELETE it there and go back out of Eclectic to log back in and it was SAVED that way as it was REQUESTED then.

One thing out of the way hopefully.....
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Here is a weird thing - am on my phone right now and it has not asked me to login with my password at all.

Maybe not so strange!

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Will see later today as this would have been logged in to with the new password the last time about 12 hours after the PC. Therefore after it was taken down to 0.

Crossing fingers...
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Due to a death last week did not get to check it out via phone until yesterday.

All good.

Only thing is - at the TOP it has written that the last time I checked in was NOVEMBER 23rd, 2017.

On PC and phone.

Not true at all.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

DownUnderNZer wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 21:54 Due to a death last week did not get to check it out via phone until yesterday.

All good.

Only thing is - at the TOP it has written that the last time I checked in was NOVEMBER 23rd, 2017.

On PC and phone.

Not true at all.
That isn't accurate on mine either, never has been. I don't know how it figures when you were last on but it's not really super important information.

Well anyway, hopefully the main problem is solved.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

also click the back arrow with the right click and it will list where you where and click that page and your stuff should still be there.

Know Your Stuff -My Card Lists
Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

Jo Ann wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 19:27 also click the back arrow with the right click and it will list where you where and click that page and your stuff should still be there.
We went through work-arounds like this earlier in the thread but didn't actually solve the problem until recently when I discovered the setting that told the system to log people out every 10 days even if they had checked "remember me". I changed it so hopefully it won't happen anymore.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

wow. where is that located. I never ran into that one. cuz it has done it to me as well in the past. also how do you empty your cache. spent and hour looking for that.

in the past i had to add alot of that kinda stuff by hand, now over the years they get implimented into new updates if usage warrants it.

Rooster Mama :had: here, my sidekick Yarr :yarr: his spirit guide :trans16: and me wee beastie :beasty: Familier!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

Jo Ann wrote: 22 Dec 2017, 13:22 wow. where is that located. I never ran into that one. cuz it has done it to me as well in the past. also how do you empty your cache. spent and hour looking for that.

in the past i had to add alot of that kinda stuff by hand, now over the years they get implimented into new updates if usage warrants it.
In ACP; General; Server Configuration; Security Settings. It's the 3rd question down. It was set to 10 days, I changed it to 0 which means never.
It's one of those things that when I finally found it, it seemed so obvious. But it took me a long time.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

yeah, sometimes it doesn't make sense where they put stuff. I have been waiting years for them to fix the member list date issues. and its still the same.

yeah it probably is just the browser remembering the pass word and it has to put it in the space.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jo Ann
Founder

Post by Jo Ann »

good grief, i can't believe it was right there. looked at it a hundred times and never paid attention to it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links