Lost Everything I Wrote!

Moderator: Moonlight

Forum rules
This forum is for members to leave feedback and comments about the forum.

Tell us what you like and what could be improved. Share your ideas, your support and your criticism. It's all welcome!
DownUnderNZer

Re: Lost Everything I Wrote!

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Just happened with my phone as well in the middle of lunch.

Fortunately, the phone saves ID and password unlike my PC although it is checked to do so there as well.

Interesting this has happened twice in about 2 weeks

No overhaul and nothing needs to be cleared like cookies or caches etc.
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Be the change you wish to see in the world. Ghandi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

PC and Mobile.

Signed out by Ecletic and asking for the password.....yet again.

Seems to happen every 10 days without fail so far and it is annoying.
Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance. W. Clement Stone

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Round 3 it seems of the LOG IN requirement - 10 days again without fail.

Yet to do my PC which I am sure will be next when I crank it up to revisit.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Like clockwork...again.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

You show as posting from a number of different IP addresses. Maybe you're not considered logged in when you connect from a new location?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

Different IPs are, or is. correct due to having a VPN on my PC plus different providers for the internet and my mobile phone.

But this is the only website that does it not FB, YouTube, EBay or any other Tarot site. No other site actually. With other similar sites no sign-in issues and some of them I've been with since AT closed as well. So, since July of this year. But I have not had to sign in again with any of them. Just this one every 10 days and both PC and Mobile only with my PC pretty much from scratch. It never SAVES the details even though it is checked each time.

I really wish it would REMEMBER ME.

Interesting, but a tad annoying.

2dogs wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 01:26 You show as posting from a number of different IP addresses. Maybe you're not considered logged in when you connect from a new location?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

Strange, I guess you'll just have to set a password you can remember.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
DownUnderNZer

Post by DownUnderNZer »

That is the main problem.

It accepted my original password only to put me out and then it would accept it on redoing it as requested only to reject it over and over again each time I returned. At that time it was after my 3rd and 4th post. So, it accepted only did not recognize my password at all and even though I checked REMEMBER ME at the LOGIN stage. It is still checked each time, but it does NOT REMEMBER.

The password I use now is not ideal as it is difficult to remember, but at least it works EVERY 10 days even though it has to be found and manually put in.

Just wish it would work for the long term and with a password of my choice.

2dogs wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 10:29 Strange, I guess you'll just have to set a password you can remember.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Serpentwand
Global Moderator

Post by Serpentwand »

It would be nice if someone knew how to fix this, but it's not me :icon_redface: . You could pick a more memorable password - what's the worst that could happen if someone else guessed it? A couple of words strung together, a house number and street name you know or postcode, phone number etc.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Joan Marie

Post by Joan Marie »

DownUnderNZer wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 11:14 That is the main problem.

It accepted my original password only to put me out and then it would accept it on redoing it as requested only to reject it over and over again each time I returned. At that time it was after my 3rd and 4th post. So, it accepted only did not recognize my password at all and even though I checked REMEMBER ME at the LOGIN stage. It is still checked each time, but it does NOT REMEMBER.

The password I use now is not ideal as it is difficult to remember, but at least it works EVERY 10 days even though it has to be found and manually put in.

Just wish it would work for the long term and with a password of my choice.

2dogs wrote: 22 Nov 2017, 10:29 Strange, I guess you'll just have to set a password you can remember.
PM me with the password you would like and I will change it for you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links